Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the sport

Hey everyone,
    I am brand new to this type of discipline shooting. I am looking to get more involved and learn more about the sport. I live close to the Ben Avery shooting facility and would like any information or feedback about where to start and how to get involved. Thank you!
    -Ashley

Sent you a reply per your CONTACT US email…

Comment

Welcome to a great sport! Being near Ben Avery you are very fortunate, you will have more opportunity than almost any other place in the US. The area has some of the best silhouette shooters you could find anywhere and they will be happy to offer a welcoming hand.

Wayne Byers
      Wayne Byers

Comment

Thank you, Wayne! I am definitely going to check out the local matches at Ben Avery. I am super excited to get involved!

Comment

Posts like Ashley’s is one big reason we started NASSA!

Comment

The Hassayampa club hosts a scoped high power match the 2nd Sunday of the month and a scoped smallbore match on the fourth Sunday. There is also a lever gun match on the 4th Saturday. Send me a pm if you want the contact email of Hassayampa or the lever gun director

Comment

Hassayampa Rod & Gun Club link to Facebook page

copied from their page

· ·
              2023 RIFLE SILHOUETTE MATCH SCHEDULE
              AT BEN AVERY SHOOTING FACILITY @ I-17 & CAREFREE HWY
              HASSAYAMPA RIFLE SILHOUETTE
              HIGH POWER & HIGH POWER HUNTING RIFLE 9AM START TIME
              JANUARY 8, JANUARY 22, FEBRUARY 12, MAY 7, JUNE 11 (Practice Day), JULY 9 (Practice Day) AUGUST 13 (Practice Day), SEPTEMBER 10, NOVEMBER 12, DECEMBER 10
              SMALL BORE & SMALL BORE HUNTING RIFLE & BENCH REST 9AM START TIME
              JANUARY 22, APRIL 23, MAY 28, JUNE 11 & 25, JULY 23, AUGUST 13 & 28, SEPTEMBER 24,
              OCTOBER 29 & NOVEMBER 26
              JANUARY 22nd MEMORIAL MATCH. 40 shot SB in AM and 40 shot HP in PM
              NO SMALL BORE MATCH IN FEBRUARY DUE TO AZ STATE LEVER GUN CHAMPIONSHIPS
              REGIONAL LEVER GUN CHAMPIONSHIP 2023 OCTOBER 13TH, 14TH & 15TH. (Jeanie Hershey)
              STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
              HIGH POWER & HIGH POWER HUNTING RIFLE: MARCH 10 - 12
              SMALL BORE & SMALL BORE HUNTING RIFLE: SEP 29, 30, OCTOBER 1
              The 1st day of each match is for sign-in and practice
              Club email: hassayampa.silhouette@gmail.com
              Mailing Address: 3820 W Happy Valley Rd Ste 141-205 / Glendale, AZ 85310
              TRY SOMETHING NEW – BENCH REST .22
              Hassayampa Rifle Silhouette is going to hold .22 Bench Rest rifle matches to run concurrent with the regular rifle silhouette matches. Same distances, same animals, same everything. Bring your own equipment, such as, front and back rests, sand bags, spotting scope, etc
              **** A LITTLE HELP GOES A LONG WAY *****
              Do you have a truck to help set up the range? Small Bore and High Power animals
              Moving tables back to original location – range must be left as we found it
              Retrieve Score board and PA system from Conex / Flag taken down and folded
              Sweep .22 brass into the trough / Wind flags set up
              *****SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO AVAILABILITY OF RANGEied from

Comment

My wife and I shoot both the lever action and scoped smallbore at ben avery every month. Bunch of great people shoot at both and helped out both her and I when we first started. We would be happy to do the same and if you need to borrow a rifle to try we would be more than happy to do so. I also believe the hassayampa club has a couple of rifles you can borrow to try out as well. I can get you the president of the clubs email or phone number and we can help you out.

Robert Butler

Comment

Working...
                X