Opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opportunity

If you had an opportunity to start a monthly Silhouette program: Resources available are rails set for SB / Cowboy, 1/2 scale targets heavy and light, 3/8 targets and SB targets.

What program is likely to attract and hold the largest number of people?
    Wayne Byers

I've only been shooting smallbore silhouette for a little over a year. Smallbore lever and 1/5 scale is what I started with and believe this is a good place for many. Shooters can use their rimfire rifles which are popular with wide ownership.

Smallbore (not lever) - 1/5 scale targets are frustrating to shoot because of the low scores. Our club has a "club match" that uses 3/8 scale targets instead of 1/5 scale, so you can shoot those targets and fell like you're making some progress. I normally have guests use those targets when starting out. If a person wants to get serious, CZ's are an affordable entry point. You can run both 1/5 and 3/8. You can also have children shoot the 1/ 5 scale prone with a bipod to start out.

Smallbore lever - low cost entry point, but factory sights will need to be upgraded. The Henry's are good rifles for the money and the Wilson sights are affordable. This is what I have, and it works fine. Yes, a Marlin with a Redfield might be better, but it's over triple the cost. If I get serious, I can upgrade and spend the money.

Comment

Working...
    X