Fxiii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fxiii

Is there a way or a place to have the object lens on a FXIII focus at 50’? The three I have just barely focus at Smallbore chicken distance. It sure would be nice if the one on my Smallbore Rifle could focus at 50’.
    Wayne Byers

I know that a .125 lens adapter (see link below) when simply taped to the front of the scope, centered up, will work for about 20 feet. I don't remember the exact match and calculations. It might work for 50 feet or you'll need a different diopter. I'm sure the gentleman that sells these can tell you the correct lens to work. I punched a hole in a piece of heavy paper and then taped the lens to that and taped the whole thing to the front of the scope. IIRC, Leupold might even sell an adapter for this exact purpose.
    Mark

[URL="http://shootingsight.com/product/c-125-single-diopter-test-lens/"]http://shootingsight.com/product/c-1...ter-test-lens/[/URL]

Comment

mhbower,

Thanks for the information. I have an email out to see if they offer a solution.
      Wayne Byers

Comment

I did not know such a thing existed. Hope this information is helpful to someone else as well.
        Wayne Byers

Comment

By the way I talked with the gentleman at Shooting sights as recommended by mhbower. What a great guy. He was very interested in building a scope adapter for close range to cover a broader spectrum of distance and scope models with a desire to hit a lower price point than the Luepold adapter. I purchased the Luepold adapter but am excited to see what he comes up with.
          Wayne Byers

Comment

[QUOTE=Panhandle;n455]I did not know such a thing existed. Hope this information is helpful to someone else as well. [/QUOTE]

I have one of those 50 foot adapters and they work great!

Comment

Unfortunately, the geniuses at leupold made the female threads on the front of the post 2005 adapters the same as the pre 2005 adapters, so to get two adapters to mate, you need one of the harder to get pre 2005. I needed both to get my 30x to focus on 10m targets

Comment

Working...
              X