Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silhouette in the Memp

Hello to All.
    I’m working in the Memphis area from time to time for this year. My afternoons are usually free. I need a place in the area to shoot air rifle silhouette.
    I looked on NASSA at the list of clubs and see the The Memphis Sports Shooting Association is nearby but is private.
    I have sent an email to the correct person asking do they have matches that are open to nonmembers.
    I even have my single animal re-settable Target with me.
    Any information would be much help.

​​​​​​ But, are there any other available ranges?

Yep. I got a response from the Memphis Sports Shooting Range. They are active in Silhouette. They shoot air rifle silhouette every Wednesday night and shoot the .22 open sight and also any .22 LR, open sights, peeps and scope using IHMSA .22 targets, every 3rd Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Depending on what you want to shoot, Jackson ,TN is less than 2 hours from Memphis. 3rd Saturdays we shoot Smallbore Rifle, Hunter Rifle and Smallbore Lever and PC lever. NRA sanctioned match. So normal Silhouette Rules.

I have experienced "silhouette" over in Memphis.
      Once.

Once was enough. I will just leave it at that.

Comment

My work schedule is M thru F and I go home on Friday afternoon which would rule out Saturday and Sunday matches at Jackson Tennessee. However I do plan to travel to Jackson in September and or to the Mule Town Classic October. I don’t know if I can shoot both of them yet.
        The Memphis Sports Shooting Association has been very good to me. I’ve been sponsored by a member there.
        Their range is the best I’ve been to so far. It is very well laid out and from all appearances to be very well managed.
        Yes, silhouette there is different but I understand the why. They don’t turn away any shooter. For their, shoot any rifle with any sight monthly match, the animals appear to be 3/8ths scale. That’s challenging for my 39A with the Lever Action sights and my Frontier with factory barrel sights.
        I’ve found that to be great practice. Aim small miss small which is great training for 1/2 scale matches.
        They shoot air rifle weekly, every Wednesday afternoon late, usually around 10 shooters. I’ve shot with them twice with an open class air rifle and they are a friendly group.
        They shoot indoors that’s just big enough to shoot the air pistol distances at reduced size targets. Again it’s shoot any air rifle any sight but does have foot pound restriction. No shooter is turned away. I am getting trigger time there that I desperately need.
        The member that has sponsored me is actively working to grow the indoor air rifle matches by trying to get a building built large enough for the correct distances. He is also on the hunt for a set of 1/10th scale resettable targets.

Comment

Working...
        X