Amarillo Rifle and Pistol Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amarillo Rifle and Pistol Club

I have moved to Amarillo and live very close to the Amarillo Rifle and Pistol Club. It is a club that requires two existing members to vouch for a new applicant to join. Are there any fellow silhouette shooters that are members? The opportunity to practice is so close I can l can hear it.
    Wayne Byers

Do they have public matches? Silhouette or any other type? If so I'd start attending matches and make friends. If no matches your going to have a tough time of it...

Comment

It looks like an awesome facility, through the fence. I like the idea of the private club, I’ll like it better when I’m a member. The schedule looks like they shoot bullseye, 3P and 4H. I’ll shoot anything to make friends and get my swingers on the range to practice before Nationals. Before long they will fall in love with silhouette. Even an indoor range that screams for air rifle or pistol silhouette. I may stand at the gate until two people decide they like me or feel sorry for me. If they watch me shoot it won’t take long to feel sorry for me.;)
      Wayne Byers

Comment

If that is your choices I'd take bullseye.

Comment

I’m in. Shot some Bullseye, entered a big match unclassified. That puts you in Master just like Silhouette. That made me one of two shooters in Master. Won Master with about the lowest score shot in the match. If I leave out that I was about the only one in the class the outcome sounds pretty good but when you include my score, I was pretty bad.

The club only allows paper targets and the range that you are allowed to shoot off hand from only has 50 and 100 yard options. None the less it is a way to practice in the big city and only 4 miles from my house. Looking forward to practicing, it has been a long 3 months with very little time spent practicing.
          Wayne Byers

Comment

Working...
          X