Garmin Radar chronograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Radar chronograph

Used a little Garmin chronograph yesterday. It replaces my old unit from the early 90’s. It was simple, intuitive and oh so small. No screen to put up and shoot through, no gizmos attached to your rifle. Turn it on, sit it next to your rifle and start shooting. It’s about the size of a bar of soap. It also has a Bluetooth feature and will send all the data to your phone / IPad.
    Wayne Byers

... and only $600! 😳

That's a lot of bullets, powder, and/or primers that I could use for practice which I desperately need more than a super-fancy new chronograph!

😁

Comment

Not all that much more than powder or bullets or primers these days. I like all the numbers and keeping track of load details. It was expensive for sure but if we measure our hobby of Silhouette by $$ it is all expensive as most hobbies are. I fell like if I drive to Whittington or even the local range and don’t capture the data during load testing I have missed a large part of the return on my effort. That said, truth is all we really need is a rifle that shoots good enough, the animals fall when hit and we manage to hit them. All the other stuff is just information or personal preference.
      Wayne Byers

Comment

I have a LabRadar which is the bright orange one a bit larger than the size of of a ream of 8.5x11 paper. It works well, but it's not nearly as nice as the Garmin which is very small and rarely misses picking up a bullet. The Garmins are very popular with the F-Class and Precision Rifle shooters, and you can now get a used LabRadar for a great price. I don't use my LabRadar that much, so I'm not going to upgrade at this time, but I know that I'd use that Garmin much more given its portability. LabRadar recently came out with a smaller unit, similar size to the Garmin. It has the advantage of providing readings at more distances.
        As Panhandle noted, you don't need the highest level of accuracy in Silhouette as the shooter's hold (especially this shooter) is so much larger than the group size of the rifle. Nonetheless, it's always nice to have a rifle that shoots tiny groups.
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X