TQ-14 Target 50’ small bore Silhouette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TQ-14 Target 50’ small bore Silhouette

Anyone have historical knowledge concerning this target?
    I currently have access to a nice indoor Smallbore range. This target could be an excellent platform for night time / winter time leagues and matches. Was it ever in the rule book?
    Wayne Byers

I don't know the history, but I have a friend who shoots this target at a local indoor range. He's noted that his scores are slightly higher on this target than when shooting outdoors and attributes this to the lack of wind and shorter distances. I've shot some of them in the backyard with my hunting air rifle.

Comment

I used to shoot these a bunch at an indoor range close to my work. A few things to consider...

1. Make sure your scope will focus down to 50' (16.6 yards). Not all scopes will go that close. Also, not all indoor ranges go farther than 15 yards, so double-check that too.

2. The "rules" at the bottom of the target state that at least half the bullet has to be in the animal for it to count. A .22 bullet hole is HUGE compared to the size of these things, so edge hits don't count.

3. These targets don't have the feet of the official cast animals, so the sight picture is going to be a little different (assuming you're practicing for smallbore). If you use the animals with welded feet (or resettables with no feet) then it will be about the same. A Sharpie mark to make a foot can be very helpful if you aim low like I do.

Best of luck with the practice!

Comment

Working...
      X