360 Buckhammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 Buckhammer

Goofy name but lots of potential as a cartridge for lever gun silhouette. Like several other cartridges that would be useful to us a suitable rifle isn’t built around it. The 360BH would be a reloader and cast bullet shooters joy. Plenty of brass with 30-30 being the parent case or .375 Win or 38-55. If one has a suitable 30-30 or smaller caliber with a bad bore this cartridge may be a viable option if considering a rebore. Plenty of bullets to choose from considering pistol bullets and 35cal rifle bullets. If your torn between 30-30 and 38-55 this about splits the difference. Has anyone tried a 30-30 to 360BH conversion? One thing I’m unsure of is: if a barrel is rebored can a 360 reamer be used to simply clean up a 30-30 chamber? If it would require setting the barrel back things start getting outside practical with a leveraction. Anyone know this answer?
    Wayne Byers

I must shoot down my own rechamber idea. The 360BH is slimmer than a factory 30-30 especially as you reach up near the shoulder junction. In short, it won’t work or it won’t work any way close to easy and practical. Oh, well.
    Wayne Byers

Comment

Working...
    X