32 H&R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32 H&R

Just got a gently used Henry 327M/ 32 H&R that had eluded me for so long. I used a 32H&R in a 10" TC for Hunter's pistol a bit. Just wondering what powder anyone else might use in a 32 H&R lever rifle?

Congratulations on your find.
    Maybe start with what worked in your TC pistol. I have used a lot of Titegroup in my lever Silhouette rifles with fairly consistent accuracy success. It shoots consistently low extreme velocity spreads even in some big cases, should de very well in the little 32 case. It is a powder that uses such small doses that one must be hyper careful not to double charge. At the other end of the spectrum AA5744 has been reported to work in the H&R and fill the case. I use it in my .357 rifle loads with heavy bullets and like it a lot.
    What a fun find , keep us posted on what works well in your almost unicorn rifle.
    Wayne Byers

Comment

I know some folks who used Winchester Super Field with ok results with a 100gr XTP. I would prefer something slower like LilGun, H110, 296, H4227 with the same bullet. The shorter 85g XTP doesn’t seem to hold accuracy at the rams like the 100. What works in a 32-20 should work in the H&R.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Just got back from trying a few. Did not like very light "pistol" loads, i.e. 71gr plated light load of 231. 100gr cast RNFP over 231 and 100XTP over moderate 2400 charge look like good starting points so far.

Comment

Working...
        X