RUGER RAR Silhouette Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUGER RAR Silhouette Build

I have put together a sweet rifle for 200-300 reduced course shooting. It built on the new GEN 2 version chambered in 223. Hopefully, tomorrow I can post some pictures.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I'm currently refining some lighter loads for practice and short-course use. If they work out well I may start using them during regular full-course matches for the Chickens too!

Comment

Here’s my work in progress. I’m still playing with the scope mount and once I know where the scope needs to be, I’ll be able to put together something better looking. The barrel is 20” so I added a .750 dia X 6” long weight to muzzle. I also added a .750 dia x7” long weight to hollow buttstock using the existing 1/4-20 recoil pad screw. I installed the single feed insert which comes with its on black bottom metal (PLASTIC😉).I also installed a MCARBO trigger spring which took the weight from 4 1/2 lbs to a pretty good 2 1/2 lbs. I have not been able to shot this gun yet but I feel like it will be a great training gun for 200-300 silhouette shooting at my farm. I was attracted to this rifle because of the replaceable cheek pieces. I also have the “ high “ one installed. It’s 3/4” tall.the gun weighs 8 lbs,12 oz. I’m well aware that this setup is probably not legal with the muzzle weight but for shooting at the farm, I’m good with that.
      Attached Files

Comment

Pics of Ruger
        Attached Files

Comment

More pics of Ruger
          Attached Files

Comment

Even more pics
            Attached Files

Comment

I’m selling this rifle