Standard Rifle for Monarch Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Rifle for Monarch Cup?

Most folks seem to shoot one rifle, a Hunter rifle, in both classes as a way to cut down on the hassle, cost, and "switch-over time" of shooting two separate rifles.

However, since they announced the scores for the Monarch Cup will be taken from Standard Rifle scores only, how many folks will be either A) shooting a dedicated Standard gun they already own but maybe don't normally shoot, or B) putting together a dedicated Standard rifle for this purpose?

I've seen on FB that Erich Mietenkorte just finished up a new Standard rifle that he will be shooting for the Monarch Cup matches. I've thought about doing this myself, partly because Standard rifle is the only rifle I haven't made Master Class in yet and partly because of the Monarch Cup.

Anyone else going down this road?

That is good information and certainly does leave one with things to think about.

A CZ 457 with a barrel for each class could be a option. I have talked with Loather Walther barrel’s in the past and at the time they seemed willing to work with me on a Hunter Weight and Standard weight barrel for a 457 then list those two profiles as a standard listing for 457 barrel profile. But I just kept shooting my 1712 and never got around to completing the task. Always things to pounder in our sport.
    Wayne Byers

Comment

Originally posted by Panhandle View Post
      Always things to pounder in our sport.

Pounder?!?

I hardly know her!

Click image for larger version

Name:	latest?cb=20200621192544.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	385

Comment

Ready for me to stir the pot? I do that.

We should switch to just ONE rifle.

That should tick some folks off. But Hunter and Standard are not enough difference to be two separate categories.

Comment

When the norm is enter two classes with one rifle and still be extremely competitive your point is one to be given hard consideration. With the Monarch cup just getting a good start consideration sooner than later may be in order before a long standing of records accumulates under the two classes. It could reduce one’s traveling gun inventory by 50%.
          Wayne Byers

Comment

It makes sense they did that since in Mexico they don't have different classes. But where can I find info on this? I have searched the monarch cup site and can't find anything about it.

But building a standard only rifle will help, the very light trigger is easier to shoot without disturbing the rifle, as long as you get past accidental shots off target when switching between the two

Comment

Working...
            X